Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Star of the day - Aarav at school

My almost 3 yr old son has been going to a christian preschool for the past 6 months. After the first 2 days of 3hr separation, he got the idea of school. From day 3 until now, he's always been excited about "going to school"! At home he converses like adults, frankly he has a great memory and he uses my sentences exactly each time in the right context!

I got his FIRST report in Dec, all good but working on skills of crayons, painting and pasting. So over the Christmas vacations I made him complete all the crayon art sheets he gets in school, that are incomplete. He wasn't very interested but I managed to sweet talk him and hold his hand to finish all the incomplete sheets.

For pasting, I had color papers and glue from my art hobby, which I'm not pursuing anymore. So now everyday we sit and do simple pasting projects like a tree, sun and letters!

Art work at home
Over these months at every meeting with his teachers, I have learnt that he's a very sweet kid in class, never throws a tantrum, in fact he's always smiling! I asked them at occasions if he talked to them willingly, because he was in that phase of conversing 3-4months ago. But they said, apart from asking for using the restroom he wasn't much of a talker! Surprising, coz we at home were pretty much like "Shhhh...stop talking for 2 mins".. haha.

Reason for this post is- Yesterday one of his teachers, Ms. Tiffany came to speak to me and she mentioned "I just wanted to let you know that Aarav has been doing so well, he's been talking to us off late, he does all the activities so well, we just wanted to share this with you. He was the best kid in class today!"

I was so happy..I just thanked them. I'm so glad they are getting to see his real side! The way he's so interactive and talking with us at home!

When I checked his bag, I saw the certificate for being the 'Star of the day'.

Proud mama! JJJ


No comments:

Post a Comment