Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Money control

When we lived in Spokane, we used to follow up an excel sheet of daily expenditures. Every bill in the wallet would be entered in the excel sheet that I prepared. My excel skills put to personal use! J
It would give us a good idea of where we are spending and how much. Like alternate months would be costly because of our trips in the US. But we’d have an idea for the difference in bank balance or to have a comparison between different trip costs. And being jobless, I would do my daily duty very diligentlyJ.
Now that I have started working in India, I have decided to follow the same for me and my husband separately. We know cost of living in India is quite expensive these days, especially in Bangalore! I see my husband withdrawing 500’s every now and then! And I have also started doing the same. It would be a good check to know where is the money going!
Below is what my sheet looks like; very simple in terms of list and excel tricks! Now I have to wait for the end of June to see my “mahine ka bamboo!” (monthly casualty)

The Summary


Monthly expenses


6 comments:

  1. Thats an excellent idea, I will try to do the same ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can share my excel sheet if you want :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shil... there is also an online tool to maintain the same... so you and your hubby can work on it and update it together from office also if you want... http://www.shortreckonings.com/

    check it out... might be helpful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good idea. 'Next week, my son is also shifting to Bangalore from overseas.May be, I will show this to him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gold is traded the most due to high profit returns and if you also want to make big profit in gold segment then you take tips from Epic Research and for cash segment use Stock Tips.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your marvelous posting! I actually enjoyed reading it,
    School info database

    ReplyDelete